( Click on the above video to see our summer 2018 SHIPWRECKED Bible Camp )
THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
On Sunday mornings we offer programs from 10:30-11:30 for 3 age groups:
- Nursery (birth to toddler)
- Preschool (toddler to Kindergarten)
- Grade school (Kindergarten to Grade 5).
Join us for joyful worship, creative teaching and fun activities, in an environment where kids can:
- connect to God
- find their place in His Big God Story, and
- respond to Him through the power of the Holy Spirit.
PARTNERING WITH PARENTS
The Holy Spirit is God's Chosen Teacher. He is the One who makes spiritual growth and formation happen when and as He chooses. Our role, as ministry leaders (and yours, as parents/caregivers) is to create space for the Holy Spirit to meet with our children. One of the ways we do this is through creating "Environments" that God clearly uses to form His followers. You may learn more about these 10 Environments from the document below.
In addition, we believe in 7 core ideas that form a strong foundation of a Family Ministry partnership between families and the church. You may learn more about these 7 Pillars of Family Ministry in an additional document below.
Parents/Caregivers are the primary faith nurturers of their child's faith, and we believe it is our role as partners of Parents/Caregivers to equip them for faith building at home.
We do this through:
- sharing a common vision through the 10 Environments, and 7 Pillars
- weekly emailing the At Home Weekly preteach for each week's upcoming lesson
- providing a FREE copy to each family of "Spiritual Parenting" by Dr. Michelle Anthony
- throughout the year, presenting a few special teaching sessions for parents of specific age groups on topics such as Blessings, Praying, and My Bible.
SUMMER AT OLIVET KIDS:
In addition to our year round sunday morning program, we offer two fun opportunities for our community:
SUMMER VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL (VBS)
We had a great time this past August 13-17 at SHIPWRECKED where kids aged 3-12 learned that when you're lonely, worried, struggling, do wrong, or feel powerless - Jesus Rescues.
For a look at the fun we had, click on the video at the top of this page. (video coming soon....)
I can hardly wait to start planning next year's camp, likely (August 12-16 2019)!
During July and August we offer 2 fun mornings of play, games, meeting friends, crafts, and snacks for kids ages 6-12 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30am - 12:00. God willing, we plan to start July 4 2019 and carry through to August 22 2019 (no drop-ins during the VBS).
There's lots happening at Olivet Kids - come join us and see what we're all about!