Dear Olivet Family,
All of us on staff here at the church (expect for Jocelyn and Clare -- not able yet due to age) have received our first Covid vaccination. I hope you are taking advantage of this resource. Back in 1955 Polio was nearly eradicated with the Salk vaccine. If we all participate we can soon get back to being able to gather together.
This Sunday is Mother’s Day, a day that presents many mixed feelings, and as a result I want to honor all women on this day.
Today I would like to include prayers for you:
- For those who have mothers who have passed away – may you take the time to remember, grieving and acknowledging the loss, and giving thanks for the goodness that was present.
- For those who have challenging relationships with their mother – may you face the reality of the situation, not covering it up, but facing the truth and as you interact on this day find a way in authenticity to express love.
- For those in the midst of mothering children – may you know that your love, sacrifice, and care have not gone unnoticed and have made a profound impact.
- For those who have lost a child – may you know God’s comfort, that He sees your pain and weeps with you. For those who desire to have children but that has not transpired - may you too know God’s presence, that He is close to the broken hearted.
On this Mother’s Day I want to acknowledge all the women we are blessed to know. Whether this day is a celebration for you or a day of quiet reflection you are in our thoughts and prayers. We rejoice over you, and celebrate you.
- Jane has been hosting a prayer time Sunday afternoons, but that time is proving not to be advantageous so she is changing it to Tuesday evenings at 7:00 PM. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to the weekly email Zoom link for this weekly Repentance, Renewal, and Revival prayer time.
- If you are interested in being involved in a connect group please contact Jocelyn: email@example.com She is currently starting a new group on prayer.
Relying on His Grace,